Forum dédié aux Renault:
Express, Clio et Kangoo de "première génération" à batterie nicd

Modérateurs : Remdo, man3515, moulino51

Répondre
alprenx
Mes véhicules : Zoe

Re: NXR Actia

Message par alprenx » dim. 19 09 , 2021 19:24

There are 4 partitions on the genuine discs. I have cloned genuine discs with luck before.

SYSTEM - 392 Mb (primary partition, unmounted)
Extended partition :
SWAP - 204 Mb (D:)
NXR - 337 Mb (E:)
EXT - min 1150 Mb, max 2000 Mb (F:)

But my replacement cpu/bios card is older than the faulty one, so i may have config/setup mismatch. Or dos issues.

faradohm
Mes véhicules : Volta - Kangoo

Message par faradohm » lun. 20 09 , 2021 6:50

hi ,
yes 4 only , on nxr alone.. :oops:

system seem's boot...but why "halted"..?..

set no for "quiet" boot, and "slow"....

to have a look on step start machine
Il n'y a de nouveau que ce qui a été oublié...

alprenx

Message par alprenx » lun. 20 09 , 2021 8:56

Quiet mode already off, see images in viewtopic.php?f=32&t=13657&start=210#p281894

With slow mode on it will not start, beep and blank screen.

It does find and read autoexec.bat, if i rem out @echo off the renault logo does not show even with quiet mode on. So i must move from there. But i could ofcourse have two faulty motherboards...

faradohm

Message par faradohm » lun. 20 09 , 2021 9:12

this nxr works before?
or its a new one for you?
you have too much troubble on....

(if its a new one nxr for you, perhaps its a "usine" model...
impossible to use out of renault lan network)

Nora05
Mes véhicules : Clio NiCad 1998 - Scooter e-Vivacity

Message par Nora05 » lun. 20 09 , 2021 9:14

Hi silly question : did you boot on something else succesfully, like pure DOS ?
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème !" Proverbe Shadock

alprenx

Message par alprenx » lun. 20 09 , 2021 9:56

The NXR has worked fine before. To sum up:

NXR was suddenly dead from one day to another. So thats a ghost that can hit any machine... No screen, no tic-tic-tac-tac-ticcetitac... just hdd spinning and no reading noice.

So i took a new motherboard (the keyboard/cpu/bios board) from a spare NXR i have, then the machine starts with screen and tic-tic-tac-tac-ticcetitac, but it halts during startup. I get the Renault logo if bios quiet mode is on.

I have at least 4 booting harddrives, cloned by winhex and tested when the machine was working. They all halt on the machine now, after motherboard exchange. So i suspect motherboard mismatch as the original board are a newer version bios and part number than the working one currently in the machine. Or, both botherboards have a fault...

Not been able to boot to dos, no floppy... and i dont know any other way to boot up only dos... but i have some spare compliant 2109 harddrives, must see if i can put dos on one just to check if all hardware is ok.

faradohm

Message par faradohm » lun. 20 09 , 2021 10:16

if you are sure of your drive(s) , its good !

so boot is possible on cd if valid on setup....of course ,
and have a boot systeme cd home made.

but to do what ?
inspecting c/d/e/f drives of hd, and after..?

i think µP card is waiting response from diag card

inspect connect inter board..with no guaranty :?

Nora05

Message par Nora05 » lun. 20 09 , 2021 10:24

I think you need to make a cross-test :

Let's call A the NXR "suddenly" no more working and B another NXR (working).
- Test A motherboard in B
- Test B motherboard in A
- Same test with other boards untill you isolate the faulty one...
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème !" Proverbe Shadock

Nora05

Message par Nora05 » lun. 20 09 , 2021 10:25

I don't know NXR in particular, but used to troubleshoot electronics in general...

alprenx

Message par alprenx » lun. 20 09 , 2021 10:50

Yes, but while A has a faulty motherboard, B has faulty diag/psu card (why it was a non working spare unit).
Will ship out the B diag/psu card for repair, if possible. Its the psu bit not working on that board so it should be possible. Then i can revert back the ok motherboard to B and test it.

To repair/check the A motherboard seems more tricky, but i must try to find someone that does that kind of repairs.

Nora05

Message par Nora05 » lun. 20 09 , 2021 11:00

Understand...seems motherboard are of different versions...what about psu/diag board ?

alprenx

Message par alprenx » lun. 20 09 , 2021 11:06

They are also a bit different, but part numbers are the same. Only A, B, C versions etc. So they look identical, on component level. That is also the case with motherboards, but the printed bios versions differ (sticker on bios chip) plus the B board has more memory chips while on A these places are empty..

S3m8a
Mes véhicules : 3x Renault. Avantim v6, renault Safrane v6

Message par S3m8a » mer. 19 01 , 2022 11:26

Hello,
I would like to refresh the thread with the question (asking for help). At the moment I have 2 NXRs at home. On one, which seems more funcitonal, i have identified malfunction on HDD, so I took HDD box from the second. With that box, I am able to boot but with Errors only. It is pointing out that disk D is not available and then asking for the file named "CPWIN386.CPL" is missing (if i understood correctly the system). I have the NXR v31 CD, I have also the backup disk (not sure if is correct), so I believe that might be useful to create a clean installation for all.

Now we are comming to the question - i have read as muhch as possible within this thread, but haven't found this part.

I feel like experienced PC user and I can imagine how I will go for backup of the disk, but can anyone advice what is the most effective way? shold I connect the disk to working windows PC and distribute backup CD image to be created on HDD of NXR or should I go with the NXR disk only, install MS DOS, recreate the rest of partitions, etc?

At the moment I am worry about that if I connet the disk to working PC system, the letters of the disk (C, D, ...) will be remapped and the disk will not be remapped back when will be connected only to NXR. Hope that this is understandable :) thank you in advance for any help :)
greetings from CZ
Jiri

Google Translate:
Bonjour,
Je voudrais rafraîchir le fil avec la question d'aide. Pour le moment, j'ai 2 NXR à la maison. Sur l'un, qui semble plus fonctionnel, j'ai identifié un dysfonctionnement sur le disque dur, j'ai donc pris le boîtier HDD du second. Avec cette boîte, je peux démarrer mais avec des erreurs uniquement. Il signale que le disque D n'est pas disponible et demande ensuite le fichier nommé "CPWIN386.CPL" manquant (si j'ai bien compris le système). J'ai le CD NXR v31, j'ai aussi le disque de sauvegarde (je ne sais pas si c'est correct), donc je pense que cela pourrait être utile pour créer une installation propre pour tous.

Nous arrivons maintenant à la question - j'ai lu autant que possible dans ce fil, mais je n'ai pas trouvé cette partie.

Je me sens comme un utilisateur de PC expérimenté et je peux imaginer comment je vais procéder pour la sauvegarde du disque, mais quelqu'un peut-il me dire quel est le moyen le plus efficace ? shold je connecte le disque à un PC Windows fonctionnel et distribue une image de CD de sauvegarde à créer sur le disque dur de NXR ou dois-je utiliser uniquement le disque NXR, installer MS DOS, recréer le reste des partitions, etc.?

Pour le moment, je crains que si je connecte le disque au système PC en fonctionnement, les lettres du disque (C, D, ...) seront remappées et le disque ne sera pas remappé lorsqu'il sera connecté uniquement à NXR . J'espère que c'est compréhensible :) merci d'avance pour toute aide :)
salutations de CZ
Jiri

S3m8a

Message par S3m8a » mer. 19 01 , 2022 13:57

Also I would like to kindly ask if there is anyone, who can share the link for the disk image from fully functional machine :)
thank you :)

Je voudrais également demander s'il y a quelqu'un qui peut partager le lien pour l'image disque de la machine entièrement fonctionnelle :)
Merci beaucoup :)

S3m8a

Message par S3m8a » mer. 26 01 , 2022 8:24

Hello,
I did a bit of progress - i recalled the backup made by Acronis software, but now the harddrive stopped booting and keep switching off after the (not)loading of TCP/IP drivers. I also tried to make a clone of fully functional hard drive (by Acronis, AOMEI backup, AOMEI disk suite, O&O, and some others) but the result stays the same.

Does anyone have a tip how to get out of this?
Any advice is warmly welcomed :)

My way of thinking is to boot the DOS on other computer (with inserted NXR drive) and to format the drive, then via FDISK command to perform the correct split of the drive and then "copy & paste" all the files - ist that a correct way or is there any other?

Thank you in advance for any help
Kind regards
Jiri

Répondre

Retourner vers « Renault "génération 1" »